Monday, November 7, 2011

The Battles

My first real fight in the arena takes place against Crixus. I lost badly but I produce the sign of surrender so that I may live to fight another day and find my wife. Because I did this, I lost my honor and status as a gladiator. My second fight in the arena is to fight with Crixuss to go against Theokoles.We both had many difficulties, but we found a common purpose to fight. It was for our women. Before Theokoles death, he gets up again and seriously wounds Crixus. I had to fight alone now and I finished off Theokoles and killed him. I was named the new Champion of Capua and becoming a favorite  in the house of Batiatus. I now live in a nice room instead of a prison. Finally, Aulus finds Sura at the very end of her life. He says that their caravan was attacked on the road, and there was nothing he could do. She died in my arms. My next fight was to represent a Romans conquest over the Thracians and I wasn't quiet sure about it. Batiatus told me that if I still want to remain as a Champion of Capua, I need to stop being a Thracian and become a true gladiator. I hesitated and agreed to fight as a Roman. I had to go against six criminals and when I finished them off I wanted to kill myself, because I thought to myself that I am now becoming a criminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment